.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Days 204-208 - NY, NY - Week 6 - I h-e-a-r-t NYC


This week's sentiment - I h-e-a-r-t NYC, it is the best city on Earth. I used to hate poems because I couldn't understand their concise beauty, but now I'm sad that I cannot write one about New York myself...
THE CITY
by Prabhath Avadhanula
The city is gritty, dark, and hard.
The subways rumble on and on.
The rats scurry as the people overflow
Onto the station and up to the neon show.
Outsiders look up, locals look straight.
The hawkers haggle, the hookers wait.
The traffic rushes scornful of the streets
Marred and littered with a million moving feet.

And yet the congregations grow.
Worldly masses turn and flow
To money as muslims to Mecca.
And pilgrims walk amidst the glimpses of gods in Tribeca.
This website - http://www.blackcatpoems.com/n/new_york_poems.html - is actually worth checking out.

This week has also brought me a new art piece. Where shall this beauty be displayed? Absolutely precious:).

No comments:

Post a Comment