.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Days 162-164 - Eat, sleep, dive

I have always been a city girl. Born in a big city, I have always been pulled by even bigger cities: from Saint-Petersburg to Moscow, from Moscow to New York. I fed on the collective energy of streets buzzing with traffic, people running to their appointments, always in a hurry, never on time, huge buildings, taxi drivers yelling at each other and pedestrians, noise, noise, noise... I could not imagine my life without the options that big cities present: restaurants, theaters, concert halls, movies, random events, street fairs, you name it. Never ending noise. Never ending options. Ah, this is life worth living!

And what is happening to me now??? The only question I have to answer these days is, "Do I feel like diving today?" I am quite satisfied with the 5 restaurant options for dinner and another 5 options for lunch. And I am loving the silence of the underwater and the quiet breeze of the above-water.

All I do is eat, sleep, dive. Surprisingly, it is not a bad life. Definitely worth living, too.

2 comments:

  1. As the movie title says: It's a Wonderful Life! Diving has that effect on folks. Your Cozumel experience is possibly the most life changing I've seen.

    This morning was beautiful, but I am ready to be back in the water with Javier...

    And where IS dinner going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching up on your blog today...getting my "MH time." Miss you.

    ReplyDelete