.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, November 19, 2010

Days 287-291 – The shortest trip to Cozumel ever…

Originally, I was planning to stay in Cozumel for several months after my coming back from Russia. But… if you want to make God laugh, make a plan. This saying is way too familiar to me, so I’m not surprised to hear the low smarmy voice (I guess, it belongs to the said “God”, offended or, perhaps, amused by my 100% certainty), “Hello, my dear silly friend… So who do you think you are exactly, trying to sneak around making all those plans behind my back? Haven’t you learnt who the real master of your life is yet? Now here is what you actually going to do…”

Anyway, I had to change my plans for the reasons I cannot comment on right now. Maybe one day… Cutting my trip so short wasn’t easy. For the past year and a half Cozumel has become home. I’m just hoping to be back there, diving in the beautiful ocean (which I didn’t even get to do this time!), looking at amazing sunsets and sunrises, enjoying the Mexican food that I used to hate only a few years ago…



A giraffo-cat dream

I had the strangest dream while I was here. I was in somebody’s apartment and this person had several cats, one of them a cross of giraffe and cat… Not tall really, a regular cat size, just with a longer, giraffe-like, neck and colored exactly like a giraffe. Not cute, creepy. It was standing in the kitchen doorway looking weirdly at me. I still feel this stare. Yuk.

Of course, I had to look this up in the dream dictionary, and apparently:

  • To see a cat symbolizes an independent spirit, feminine sexuality, creativity and power. It can also represent bad luck (as well as many other things).
  • To see a giraffe suggests that you need to consider the overall picture, take a broader view on your life and where it is headed. It may also be a metaphor on how you are "sticking your neck out" for someone.
I wonder what seeing this hybrid could mean though...

No comments:

Post a Comment