.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 11th – A perfect Sunday

Today is Friday, but it feels like a Sunday. In fact, it feels like a perfect New York Sunday. Because of yet another Norte today, nobody is working. David came over early in the morning, to chat and hang out. And this is when our "Sunday" began. We went to brunch at the Camaron Dorado, a great place for breakfast tacos and tortas (sandwiches). Nobody was in a hurry and we just sat there forever, chatting and laughing.

Sleepy with food and sun, I stayed in the hammock for a couple of hours. Hammocks always entrance me, and instead of reading the book I took with me, I just stared at the sky.

Then we all went to the movies. We wanted to see this movie Sanctum about cave diving, but of course with our luck last day of this one was yesterday. We went anyway and saw Karma. Both De Niro and Ed Norton were spectacular, but the movie itself is really nothing to write home about. A slice of life, and not a very happy life.

And as if this wasn't enough to call it a nice day, Javier and I went to the museum for a piano concert. It was unexpectedly good. Two girls – one from Bulgaria, the other from Hungary – were playing Mozart, Schubert, Brahms, four hands. The audience was full. Some people were even sitting on the steps or standing. And it was mostly locals, just a few tourists. The concert was free, too! It was really a great treat.

On the way back home, in the breezy darkness of the night, we were silent, digesting the fullness of the day. I never thought Cozumel can offer a New York Sunday feel. I totally underestimated this island. Well, now I know better…


No comments:

Post a Comment