.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

March 17th – The birds

On the road along the ocean, there are a lot of trees starting at La Mega* and going south. But this one little oasis of 10-12 trees between La Mega and Chedraui* is very odd. Every time I pass by those particular trees on my bicycle, I get startled by the loudest bird chatter I have ever heard in my life. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit – in Brazil birds are pretty loud as well. But here it's just so sudden. I like riding my bike over there either early in the morning or late at night when the street is almost deserted. This is the only time I can ride along the ocean enjoying the quiet (at all other hours of the day traffic noise is unbelievable). It is so beautiful to ride and ride and ride, without thinking anything, without rushing anywhere, just enjoying the beauty of the sea… And all of a sudden – MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH- MJEH (hmmm, it took me a while to come up with a transcription for the impossibly loud bird chatter, is there a correct way of doing it I wonder?). This goes on along those ten trees on the road and all of a sudden – complete silence again. Weird.

*Two big supermarkets in Cozumel

No comments:

Post a Comment