.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Monday, April 4, 2011

3/30/2011 – Octopus dilemma


Octopuses are so pretty! I actually like "octopi" better, sounds more official and intriguing. They look so mysterious and mesmerizing at night when they showcase their many colors, fly a little bit over the sand, then parachute down in one smooth motion and change start their color dance again…

The problem is that they are also oh so delicious!

Usually I have no issues with eating what I see underwater. Lobster is more than welcome to my plate. Conch is a frequent guest. And any fish is all right. The octopus is the only thing that makes me stop and think. They are just so beautiful! And I love how they fall asleep if you pet them gently in between their "brows" (Javier taught me that trick, it's amazing to watch). And it always surprises me how well they can masquerade as part of the reef during the day… But so yummy! Ohhh, I feel really conflicted…

No comments:

Post a Comment