.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 63 – Reunited!

After a 4-hour long bus ride from Rio to Paraty, strategically squished between two alternately screaming infants, I am finally reunited with my friends from NYC!!! We have not seen each other for 2 months, and it is emotional. Of course, Dima claims that he never misses anyone, but that is a bunch of crapJ. Tanya brought a huge bag of my favorite Finn Crisps crackers for me, and we are all chewing on them on our way to dinner.


I always thought that caipirinha’s main ingredient is rum, but apparently the real ones are made with Cachaça, and Paraty is famous for cachaca (there are literally hundreds of different kinds and flavors), so naturally we decided to have some caipirinhas for our after-dinner drinks. Whoa – Tanya and I actually had to send our passion fruit ones back because they were TOO STRONG! The waiter commented that this is “the first time foreigners do this”, whatever that is supposed to mean.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I feel reunited with you...getting to read your posts again!

    ReplyDelete