.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 61 - Traveling first class does not suck

The difference between economy and first class plane fares from Cozumel to Rio was only $200, as opposed to the usual "thrice the price", so it took me only a second to decide that I'm undoubtedly worth it. I have never traveled long-distance in first class before. A couple of times I flew business class from Moscow to St.Petersburg, but honestly, it's a joke!

What an experience! Flight attendants are super nice, and actually attend to you, and not just shove food in your face. Before the flight takes off they offer you a drink (I remember, once I had a terrible migraine and was begging a flight attendant to give me a sip of water for my pill before the flight, but unfortunately that was absolutely against the economy class rules, so I had to suffer). Everybody smiles constantly and makes jokes. In between connecting flights you can enjoy The Presidents Club in the airport, where snacks and wine are ready for you, along with a locker for your carry-on and free wireless connection. The food is spectacular! For dinner, I had lobster tail salad, short ribs bordeaulaise, gourmet cheese and fruit platter, and chocolate cake to die for. For breakfast, blueberry yogurt with a fruit salad, and the fluffiest croissant with coffee. Yum! And what a feeling when you can actually assume a completely horizontal sleeping position in your seat, and your feet still don't touch the chair in front of you and you are not smushed sideways! The 10-hour flight from Houston flew by (no pun intended) like 10 minutes. I slept like a baby, and woke up well-rested and in exceptionally good mood. I couldn't stop thinking about this Seinfeld episode when Jerry flies first class while Elaine is suffering the economy.

To sum it up, flying first class does not suck! Now I have to find this pile of money that will secure my first class traveling to every remote destination of my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment