.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, April 30, 2010

Day 90 - Anniversary

To celebrate my 90-day travel anniversary and conclude my 3-day stay in Tiradentes, I went to an organ concert held at a beautiful Baroque church Matriz de Santo Antonio, appropriately drowned in gold according to the style. The organ itself was bought in 1786 in the city of Porto, Portugal. It was despatched to Brasil in the 1788. The origin of the instrument is German.

The program was truly formidable, as it presented the organ music from the 16th century up to today, and it was really interesting and educational to witness the progression of the styles.

Friday night must be THE night in Tiradentes, as all of a sudden every restaurant and bar is open, and it's already 10PM! I'm now sitting in the backyard of my pousada, enjoying the gorgeous night, full moon, and live guitar music from the nearby lounge... sipping my tea... Happy anniversary! Here's to travel!

2 comments:

  1. Here's to travel, indeed!
    Congratulations on your three-month adventure. I am so glad I was able to be a part of it.
    And I am thrilled that I get to be part of the next 90 days, too!

    Your concert in the gorgeous cathedral and moon-bathing sound like a perfect anniversary celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutamente beautiful cathedral. congratulations! nace way to celebrete with a organ concert!

    ReplyDelete