.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 60 - Muchas Thanks

I cannot believe that two months have already come to an end. They say, time flies when you are having fun. Well, definitely I had too much of it, since I didn't even notice how 60 days flew by at an unbelievable speed.

All I do today is nostalgically walk around the streets and along the sea, trying to soak in the quintessence of Cozumel, that ephemeral something which makes this place so homey for me. I notice and remember all the little things about the island that I forgot to mention before. Stupid topes (speed bumps) every 5 meters. Entire families cramped onto one scooter: the best sight is usually this combo - a husband and wife, plus two (usually sleeping) children in between them, and a dog in the back. Sunday live music and dancing in the main square. Street vendors with lots of exotic looking stuff that I always want but never dare to try.

Then, I buy a ton of chocolate for the dive masters (all of them have a sweet tooth) and write my thank you notes. I'm grateful to everybody here for their generosity, kindness, knowledge, wisdom, ability to have fun, readiness to share happy and sad experiences, and above all, for making me feel part of the family. I feel like I have lived here for ages, so familiar everything and everybody seem. I absolutely LOVE it here! No wonder I get heart images everywhere I turn...







Oh, and Kay and Greg - the villa Aldora's managers - don't like chocolate, and don't drink anything but beer, so I have to be more creative with them. I mean, I cannot just buy a 6-pack of beer as a little thank you present, this seems kind of silly to me. So, I come up with something even sillier: I cut out letters to make up MUCHAS THANKS and glue them to the beer caps. Turns out, cutting out things is a lot of fun! My childish execution of this project only adds to the silliness of it all, but they love it. After all, I didn't do anything to actually spoil the beer, just the bottles:).





No comments:

Post a Comment