.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 352 – La systema...

I went to get a Mexican cell phone today. After 20 minutes of looking through different plans offered and figuring out all the details (well, it wasn't really overwhelming as there are only two options), I chose one. The store assistant went to the back of the office to grab some necessary paperwork, but when she returned, she brought back a most surprising message, "I am sorry, ma'am, we don't have any numbers at the moment… Could you please come back a bit later?" Eh? What does it even mean? Apparently, it means that there are no telephone numbers available for sale at the moment. At the Telcel (Mexican AT&T) main store! Seriously? Wow!

I asked the girl, "How is it even possible?" She smiled back, "La systema…" I love Mexico!


No comments:

Post a Comment