.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 361 – Neighbors

Our neighbors are two guys. Well, I am actually not sure of it anymore, because a couple of weeks ago they had "guests" over, and those guests never left. Their house is exactly like ours, which means it can comfortably accommodate 2 couples, and maybe if you have an inflatable bed – another person or two. They seem to have at least 10 people going in and out of their place every day. They are all nice, but they display some very strange behavior on a daily basis.

For example, one guy exercises every day – push-ups, pull-ups, pool, you name it. Nothing wrong with that in principle, but the sound track is a bit over the top. Every push-up he makes is accompanied by an orgasmic moan, every pool lap (and the pool is barely 12 feet long) produces a long loud wail. The first time I heard his exercise audio, I was taken aback, surprised that somebody could feel so compelled to advertise their sexual activities to the entire neighborhood. When I finally realized what was actually going on, I was no less surprised though. Why would you do anything like this? Really, why?

Another guy always strikes up a conversation with you. And not really "hi-bye" type of thing, but some kind of real – even though small – talk. And I personally see him many times a day: in the courtyard, by the gate, under the palapa (our terraces face each other). And no, he is not "interested" in me. It just seems that he feels earnestly obligated to say something when he sees a person. Some kind of social disorder, really.

Yet another guy is playing the guitar. Not that it's bad in principle, but… All day long… Sometimes it's just "tram-tram-tram" for hours. Sometimes he's also singing, which – again – is not bad, but if I want to keep my sanity, I have to find a way to make him expand his repertoire, because if I hear "bye, bye, miss American pie" one more time, @(%*&$)(%&!

P.S. Speaking of strange neighborship...


2 comments:

  1. Is that a spider? And was it in your house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a tarantula. And NO, not in my house - on the road. It was just funny that a tarantula was right next to a ladybug:).

    ReplyDelete