.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 355 – Physiology of diving

I never thought I would enjoy studying for the Dive Master exam that much. Of course, now I have a total mess in my head from all the three thick books we had to digest, but it's a pretty cool mess! Physiology and physics turned out to be the most interesting part. Not only I can explain the Decompression Sickness phenomenon in scientific terms based on the Henry's law and Haldanean model, but I also know the mechanism of shallow-water blackout during apnea diving and can easily distinguish ossicles from cochlea. Well, maybe some people know all of this without any studying, but since I didn't, I'm excited now. And I feel accomplished. Now we'll see how I'll do on the actual exam – hopefully, the mess in my head will turn into a somewhat organized formation in the next couple of days…

No comments:

Post a Comment