.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Thursday, February 24, 2011

February 19th, 2011 – Mariachi party

If we play a word association game, and I hear the word "mariachi", my immediate reaction is "Banderas", followed by this song from the movie "Desperado". Oh damn it, now I'll have this song competing with the gas truck song in my head for days. Banderas has always been my sex symbol and I have goose bumps listening to this song. I bet many women share my opinion. Actually, let me see… Hmmm… I'm quite surprised that I cannot find good male sex symbol statistics on google. Disappointing. But this is what I did find – an article on legendary male sex symbols throughout the years – this website looks like it can be very useful for enhancing your knowledge of random stuff.

Anyway, where was I? Ah, I was at a mariachi party at La Hatch. It was a very pleasant evening. The place is located in the south of Cozumel right on the water, and all the windows and terraces of this three-storey construction open up to a gorgeous ocean view offering tremendous sunset photo ops.

This is the bar where my last year's "crowd" hangs out – Tio Kevin, Kay and Greg, Bruce and Debbie, Manny and Kathy. I forgot that we are already in February and the same people are back to Cozumel, true to their annual tradition, and I was happily surprised to see them all at once. It was as if I suddenly returned into the last year (minus Justin and Ana, the main characters, though). It is always touching to sense that all the greeting kisses, hugs and "how have you beens" are genuine and sincere. When the initial commotion subsides, we settled down at a big table and didn't move for several hours, drinking, chatting, laughing, and listening to the mariachi music. Life is good. Always.

2 comments:

  1. Just come over already!!! We'll hire a mariachi band to meet you in the airport or at the ferry, whichever route you decide to take:)

    ReplyDelete