.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 263 – Travel-exhausted

And again, I'm travel-exhausted (I'm planning to copyright this term by the way). For the past 3+ weeks I have not once slept in the same bed for more than one night, I have not had one home-cooked meal and I have not been by myself for more than a couple of hours at a time (sleeping time is not counted, plus my dreams are pretty crowded anyway). Today, my body is refusing to cope with this, but I have no choice – we have a tough program and I have to follow it – hotels, excursions, it's all a blur to me, I can barely keep my eyes open and every time we return back to our mini-bus I struggle not to fall asleep completely lulled by the motion.

I don't think I will ever do this kind of travel to myself again… Nowadays, I need more time to process the information I receive, as well as my impressions and reactions. In the Malay language there is no past or future tense, everything is in the present (they just use time-defining adverbs like "yesterday" or "tomorrow" to make things clear). I want my life to be like this language, in the present, and on this tour it seems like we are desperately trying to catch the future by the tail all the time.

Luckily, tonight we are staying at the Datai 5-star deluxe resort, the perfect spot to replenish your batteries feeding on the energy of the several million years old rainforest trees. What do you think will happen in 2012 by the way? Olga and I want the trees to start talking and tell the humanity something cool and eye-opening… OK, going to bed nowJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment