.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 295 – In transit NYC-Amsterdam

Again, I was lucky enough to upgrade my ticket to the first class for only $200. All the way to the airport I was thinking how tired I was to fly lately and how I needed comfort and pampering, so I decided to check, and voila!

I took my seat, fluffed my pillow, got a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and - while texting and reading my eBook at the same time during the take-off – I kept wondering…

  • How come in the Economy you absolutely have to switch EVERY item of electronics including those not transmitting any signals (like my Sony eReader or iPod), whereas in the First Class you are allowed to send all sorts of radio-waves in every direction possible during take-off, landing and flight itself? Are Economy and First Class actually flying two different planes, one – a powerful state-of-the-art machine that cannot possibly get affected by such nuisance as a cell phone signal, the other – a pitiful little fellow that has to be attended to very-very carefully or else?
  • If a First Class flight attendant gets sick, can an Economy flight attendant be a substitute? I mean, sometimes I feel that they get trained in two different schools.

1 comment: