.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 305 - Verona

Juliet, the dice were loaded from the start
And I bet, and you exploded in my heart…
Mark Knopfler ("Dire Straits")

Listen to this song
Check out this movie

I walked around Verona with this soundtrack in my head. Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to the sexiest Mark Knopfler's voice, because I had forgotten to charge my iPod, but I have no complaints – I did a pretty good job imagining it.

I didn't expect anything from Verona and stopped here only because it was on the way to Venice and, well, it's Verona and I like Shakespeare. As always, when you have no expectations, life surprises you in some beautiful way. Verona turned out to be gorgeous. The famous Juliet's courtyard is very nice and the Arena, the third largest Roman amphitheater in Italy, is impressive, but most of all I enjoyed simply walking along the banks of Adige river.


2 comments:

  1. Agree, Baz Luhrmann's movie rules, as does Dire Straight's song.
    BTW, YouTube has taken off the music on the link you posted, here's one where you can listen to the actual Dire Straight's song (and watch its original so 80s cheesy video) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxfjSnMN88U

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, it was working yesterday, what the heck! thanks Ana, I relinked everything. Glad you like the movie too!

    ReplyDelete