.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 334 - Storage

When I left – almost a year ago – I put all my things into storage. During this entire year this is the second time I have to go there. The first time was only because I abruptly changed my original plan and decided to go to Europe (where the weather wasn't quite as warm for the clothes in my suitcase). And now there are two reasons actually: I have to swap my "winter" suitcase for my "summer" one as I'm going back to Cozumel on Sunday, and also my friend is getting married in February (at the NYC Library!), so I have to dig out some fancy dress to look up to par at the event.

In the storage, among all my things, I came to two realizations:

  1. How little people actually need. I have been traveling with the same suitcase for almost 12 months, and honestly I believe that I can do with half of it. So why on earth do I own all this stuff? And the only reason I'm not buying more stuff right now is because I currently have nowhere to ship it to...
  2. I miss my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment