.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 320 – Mal di testa

There is one expression that I know oh so well in any language… I have a headache. J'ai mal a la tete. Tengo dolor de cabeza. Ho mal di testa. I wonder why in all those languages the subject is "I", whereas in reality it is the "headache" that has you, not the other way around. It just owns you for however long it can hold the fort within your body. I realize now that taking pills is pointless. It just takes the edge off. With or without pills, the headache will last for as long as it decides – weeks, days, hours. But I still take pills, because this edge is awful and it needs to be taken off.

I was planning to go to the Maxxi museum after my Italian lesson today. But I did neither. I just watched "Dexter" all day. No, it wasn't on the Italian TV. I actually bought Season 1 yesterday when I was at a bookstore for my Italian lesson. During my migraines, it helps me that I'm a TV show addict.

And I finally went to this best pizza joint in Rome, Pizza Baffeto, that is right next to my house. Well, it looks like they were right. At least, I have never tried a better pizza!


2 comments:

  1. Hope you are over your headache. Just did some catching up.
    What an exotic holiday you are having this year! Christmas hugs and kisses to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sallye! My headache is gone, thank you. And yes, tell me about it:). Cannot wait to rest for a bit underwater in Cozumel!!! When are you coming? February? Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete