.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 103 - Vivarium

After a pretty relaxing day of doing pretty much nothing in particular and an even more relaxing tasting of Mendoza Malbec wines (turns out that although Malbec originated in France, Argentina provides the best soil for the grape), I hit myself over the head with a hammer...

Several days ago I was browsing through a local happenings magazine Llegas, and decided to go to a play in an independent tiny theater in Monserrat (a Buenos Aires neighborhood). Due to my limited knowledge of Spanish, I could not choose any comedy (you have to understand the language really well to be able to get the humor - I remember, it took me about a year of living in NYC to laugh with the audience while watching Friends or Seinfeld). So after skimming through this description 'If all the individuals of any species were habitually to suffer to an extreme degree they would neglect to propagate their kind Charles Darwin' and thinking to myself, "Anybody can probably understand existential crap in any language", I picked Vivarium. It was a great choice, but oh boy, was it heavy... Excellent acting though. And a great little theater space, where you feel like you are almost part of the stage.

And I understood everything! Every single word!!! I knew it - good choice:). Am patiently waiting for the moment when all this passive knowledge will spill over from the comprehension realm into the fluent conversing... Although instead of practicing patience, I should probably practice talking more whenever I get a chance. But hey, that's still me, miracles don't happen overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Practicing is SOOOOOOOOO hard to just leap off and do. David gives me the business that I don't practice more. But I have SO little!

    Cool that you did the play and got it all.

    Shared your blog and pix with friend Les this morning. She was delighted and envious!

    ReplyDelete