.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 105 - Still in the stillness

It is very quiet here. Complete silence. I do not remember when I last was able to listen to it... There are always either waves, or birds, or cars, or mosquitos, or people...

The Las Dunas hotel where I'm staying is located a 10-minute car ride from the tiny town of El Calafate, on a beautiful lake, Lago Argentino, and provides gorgeous 180-degree views of Patagonia snow-mountains... Freezing flamingos are also part of this unbelievable setting...

I feel a little under the weather today, so instead of venturing out on a glacier excursion or something, I stay on the couch all day, with a great book, a cup of hot tea, and a most gorgeous scenery to stare into.

The landscape looks and feels surreal, because nothing moves, everything is super still... And quiet... No sound, no movement. Strange. Beautifully strange. Very peacefully strange. I enjoy this strange stillness and am glad to become it, if only for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment