.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 96 - Leaving paradise is hard...

I woke up this morning with a clear realization that I absolutely do not want to leave. If it was up to me, I would stay here for another week and not do any activities (however fun and awesome) in Bonito, but just remain in this forest-hotel all the time, reading, writing, chatting on Skype with friends, rocking in the hammock... Maybe it's a sign that I need a house in the forest. Somewhere Upstate NY. Something like Jennifer's, just not on the water (for the obvious reasons of dealing with flood maintenance). Ah! I do not want to leave this paradise!!!

On the other hand, I do look forward to the long beautiful ride back to the Campo Grande airport and then packing for... Argentina! Yes, I am going to Buenos Aires tomorrow! Although a little sad to leave my new amazing friends in Brazil, but super excited for my next destination!

3 comments:

  1. Bon Voyage, Maria! I've enjoyed Brazil, too, though I wanted to throttle the yappers, too. I'd never have guessed you covered so many miles - all seemed so effortless.

    Many thanks to your friends who set up the blog. And many thanks to you for suffering the slow image uploads. I've been examining the photos closely... Love the above/below water shots.

    Can't wait to read about Argentina - and hear your musical discoveries!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not suffering the slow upload that much, don't worry - with my new zen attitude to time, it is not that big of a deal, really:). I am very happy you are enjoying my little stories and pictures. I certainly enjoy keeping up my blog and I also keep thanking my friends for giving it to me - I never thought I would love writing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Once settled into your "forest retreat" you would soon miss the streets and the noise and the food and the people and the movies and the...I could go on. :)

    ReplyDelete