.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 97 - Advantages of dual citizenship or "Как получишь паспорт, береги его"

At the passport control in Buenos Aires today, I learnt that as an American citizen I have to pay an entrance fee of $130 (you do not need any visa to go to Argentina, just this fee, that allows you to come back without any further payments for the next 10 years). When I showed my American passport at the payment booth though, they said, "Oh, you are Russian. Do you still have your valid Russian passport? Is it with you?" And yes, I did and it was. At this point, I was surprised to find out that as a Russian citizen I do not have to pay anything. So I entered Argentina as a Russian, delighted that for the first time in my entire traveling life the red passport has presented advantages over the blue one. A little puzzled, but mostly delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment