.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 114 - Conan the Destroyer?

I am clumsy. It is not very obvious when you first see me, but hang around for a little while, and you will witness how I will graciously start dropping things left and right, chip off pieces of equipment, break cups and plates... doing various damage. Rarely do I not bring an injury onto myself while cooking... or swimming... or skiing... or skating... or [fill pretty much anything into the blank]. Luckily for me and others around me, usually the damage is minor.

Not today...
  • Exhibit 1: Skyped with Piraye, dropped the laptop.
    Result - the cracked screen's abstract art. It's a quite interesting canvas, and could be interpreted in many profound ways, but quite impractical as a device. Fortunately, it's only the screen that broke, all the information and PICTURES (the loss of which I feared the most) are intact. Thanks to great friends and internet, already ordered a new laptop and Tanya is going to bring it to me to Cozumel soon!

  • Exhibit 2: Tried to warm my knitted slippers on the radiator without prior realization that it operated on a gas burner.
    Result - slippers well-done, a little too well for my taste.

  • Exhibit 3: Dropped my eBook (really, I cannot even consider it my fault - the height was absolutely negligible).
    Result - battery doesn't charge anymore. Poor 'Ulysses' will never be finished. Not that I understand ANYTHING that this book is trying to tell me.

Really, this is when a smart person would have stopped to assess their mental and physical fitness to continue any activity for the day and rested comfortably on the couch meditating or something (well, I have a feeling that a really smart person would have done it much earlier than this point, actually). But not me. For some reason, I decided to wash my cardigan sweater. By hand. And so I present to you...

  • Exhibit 4: A torn neck of the sweater. It's OK, really doesn't affect the comfort of wearing it anyway.

P.S. The book I mentioned a while ago, "The Artist's Way", was supposed to unlock my creative powers. It looks like so far it's reinforcing my Terminator powers. Maybe my reading comprehension is off, and it's not really the "Ulysses" fault after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment