.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 126 - Where everybody knows your name...

After another 9-hour overnight bus ride from Cordoba, I'm back to Buenos Aires at 7AM, to catch a plane to Rio at 6PM. I feel so at home in this city, that instead of desperately drinking in the last moments of my trip to Argentina and going to a museum or a street fair or any other city attraction, I choose to spend the whole day at Hotel Babel (the awesome one I stayed at in the beginning of the trip), piggy-backing on the hotel's monitor to catch up on my emails, chats, and blog. Mateo - today's concierge - comes up periodically to check on me and offers me (for free!) breakfast, coffee, medialunas, then wine, snacks... At 3PM I finally wrap up here and go to a nearby restaurant (where the waiter knows me, too) for a farewell steak. When I take a car to the airport, somehow it's the same driver who picked me up from the bus terminal this morning...


I do not want to leave. But there is no sadness - I know I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment