.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 139 - Thank you, Lady Gaga!

Missed the dives today, because my left ear is completely clogged. I cannot hear anything, let alone equalize. So instead of enjoying the beautiful current (as reported by Tanya later), I slept until 1PM (!!!) and then completely lost myself in the useless and ungrateful task of trying to figure out what the Lady Gaga's Alejandro song is about...

Now why on earth was I doing something like that? Good question. Well, I checked my Facebook and saw somebody's post of this song's youtube clip and decided to listen to it, as I have actually never heard Lady Gaga (what a shame, really). The tune is super catchy and in a couple of seconds I found myself wanting to sing along, which naturally makes you want to know the lyrics. That made me realize that although I understood every single word of the song, the overall meaning escaped me completely. I looked up the lyrics online. No additional meaning transpired. At this point it was too late to just let it go, and this is how I found the http://www.songmeanings.net/ website. What a pearl! For example, this is what it has to say about this stupid Alejandro song - http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858801360/2/ASC/#comment. What? Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment