.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 134 - Weird Tunich

Unfortunately, things don't always work the way we plan. In fact, things very rarely work the way we plan. Tanya had a major migraine this morning and couldn't make the dive.

Raoul, a new dive master, took us to Colombia Deep in the morning. The current was very strong today, and all the people in my group reported having a hard time on the first dive. I didn't find this dive strenuous at all though and I attribute it to my bootcamp with Aristeo this winter.

The second dive was the weirdest Punta Tunich I have ever dived. The current here is usually strong, but today it was with a twist. The twist being that we actually did not see Punta Tunich at all. Instead, we kept going back and forth (against the current for some reason) over the sandy bottom (total of 25 minutes over sand), trying to find a good spot for "flying" with the current, which we eventually did for the last 15 minutes. I love sand, and in general for me any dive is a good dive, but the others on the boat seemed very unhappy, and the general consensus was, "Well, it was... a dive".

At home, the Scrabble obsession continues. After Liang and Tanya's last move, Michael choked and couldn't come up with a word for two days. But his new word - "zee"! - elegantly scored a ton of points, because "z" is apparently 10 points and he somehow managed to put it on double-the-word spot. Two days of thinking - not for nothing. The girls, of course, could not take this lightly, and summoned all the internal resources to dig deep into their brain and memory for a comeback - and it was strong - "eidola". Actually, some external resources were utilized as well - Liang copied the board to a sheet of paper, and cut out letters at their disposal for easier visualization... No comment, really...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy a little Scrabble, but I can tell I am out of my league with this crew!!

    A sand dive??? That's only for the select few who enjoy it and must be peppered with amazing finds.

    Aristeo bootcamp. jijiji That's a mental picture...

    ReplyDelete