.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 129 - Errands

I don't like to run errands. And the http://www.urbandictionary.com/ agrees with me, defining "running errands" as "A trip to get or do something, especially for something you don't really like to do or have to do for someone else".

Yet, errands are inevitable. We spent all day today setting things up: checking in at the dive shop, arranging Tanya's hyperbaric schedule, food shopping, unpacking, etc. Argh! What a tiring thing to have to do...

However, the errand day was beautifully highlighted by:
  • A delicious late taco dinner at Otates (hmmm, maybe I'm starting to like Mexican food?)
  • My Spanish teacher asking me how many Spanish classes I took while in Argentina (I took 0 classes, so I'm taking his question as a compliment!)

P.S. The word "errand" dates back to the 12th century when it meant "an oral message entrusted to somebody". Nowadays, the word still means a "message", but it is most commonly used in the expression "to run errands", that stems from tasks of an errand boy. Today, very few people can afford to have errand boys, but each of us seems to have more and more errands to run, whethere we can afford it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment