.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 138 - 101


Thanks to our successful plotting, Tanya got to go on a trip with us today. We had two absolutely spectacular dives. And loooooong ones, too. The first one was 77 minutes, and the second - at San Clemente (where I have never ever been before) - 101 minutes!!!!! It was such fun! Lots of little stuff - almost invisible squat lobsters, tiny polka dots of baby trunkfish, bristle worm ("some caterpillar", as I described it to Sallye when she handed her slate to me to see what it was we were looking for:)). And a huge green moray eel gliding in front of our group for about 7 minutes straight!


Our dives today made me think of this new appreciation I got for the marine life. I am surrounded by dive experts here, and they are all very generous about sharing interesting sea facts with me. The more information I get on certain underwater events, the more intrigued I become to actually witness them. I am so fortunate to have amazing teachers at my disposal, who are willing and able to work on my ocean illiteracy. Books on fish and creatures should be my next step though. It is high time...

No comments:

Post a Comment