.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 132 - The "yin" of Cozumel

We spent the whole afternoon on the other side of the island. So pristine. So different. Cozumel is only 8ml wide, but the gap between its two sun sides is stunning. The ocean, tranquil and meditation-inviting on the West, is combative and vigourous surf-ready on the East. The rocky beaches of the West are replaced by refined-sugar sands on the East. The island, crammed with people, hotels, and restaurants on the West, finds its zen balance in almost complete absence of thereof on the East.

The island's dichotomy always reminds me of the yin and yang, but I can never figure out which side should be assigned which symbol. The yin score technically goes to the East side, although the ocean kind of screws up the count.




1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm... yin and yang... I was thinking of those beautiful days on the East side when seas are up on the West side~
    Then I thought of that pre-dive mania and the yin vanished again.
    Though if one were to stay away from the prep frenzy, there's truly peace and tranquility. Not balanced though!
    Okay, so, good case Masha! I'm as lost in it as you!
    I need to hurry up and check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete