.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 10 - a black eye?

Another wonderful day in paradise. Got to drive the boat again! And I did so well that the captain (a different guy from yesterday) asked me if I'd done it before, to which I proudly answered, "Yes, yesterday!":).


There was a little accident on the boat though - nothing to do with my driving it, fortunately. After the dives, we drove one of the guys back to his hotel and as he was exiting the boat, he shook some other guy's hand and continued the movement of his hand right onto my cheek. For a moment, all the wind was completely knocked out of me - he is a big guy and, apparently, VERY heavy-handed. I could barely compose myself to mummble, "I'm fine, I'm fine, no big deal" because the poor guy was completely devastated, of course. But I was not fine - it was really painful. It is still red and hurting a bit, but I've iced it plenty, so hoping for no black eye. However, if I do get a shiner, my story will be that I got into a drunken fight at the cantina:).

3 comments: