.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 19 - Dive #100

The weather was terrible today, and I would have cancelled diving if not for my stubborn nature and love for symmetry. Dive #100 is usually a big deal for divers, I'm not sure why though. Some claim that it is customary to do it naked. Well, a naked dive with me would have been a super short one, as I am freezing underwater even when protected by my 11 mm armor. So to make it "special", I decided to do it on the same day - February 18th - as my Dive #1 last year. Today, I was the only girl on the boat with 7 men, and they all tried to convince me that they wouldn't mind a very short dive for the sake of the tradition, but I didn't give in.

The current was pretty strong (which I love), and as I was gliding above the carpet of the gorgeous coral heads of Punta Tunich, I was trying very hard to finally determine why I love diving. Then, lulled by the rythm of my breathing, I somehow forgot what I was thinking of completely and just enjoyed the flight. Who cares why, I just love it...

3 comments: