.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 29 - It is Sunday. Guess what? Another BBQ!

Today is Ana's last day. We were planning to mourn it yesterday with a nice Italian dinner, but my migraine screwed up our original plan, and she just came over to my place and we had a lovely quiet dinner of pollo (chicken) and nopale (cactus) huaraches and a great conversation. It is always fun to talk to her. We can always find something interesting and meaningful to discuss. And she has a great sense of humor. I'm glad that we met and got to know each other, and she is one of the people who I want to cross paths with again in the future. And I'm sure that one way or another it will definitely happen.

I walked over to her place this morning to have breakfast with her at the Museum. The Museum restaurant is on the terrace that opens up to a gorgeous sea view. They have two menus - in Spanish and in English - but that is not the only difference. The Spanish version has more dishes. Funny, I guess they think that tourists who don't speak the language will not brave certain Mexican dishes. I had eggs "Divorciados" style (means "Divorced"). They are called so because one egg is covered with red sauce, and the other - with green. This doesn't really explain what makes them "divorced" though, does it?

And in the afternoon - another awesome BBQ at Tio's. This time some people couldn't show up, so it was just seven of us vs the usual twelve or so. But it didn't spoil the taste or the fun of the event. Tio is Kevin's (Justin's father) Mexican nick-name. It means "uncle". Nobody knows why and when he got this nick-name, but it stuck with him, and he doesn't mind. He usually comes to Cozumel for 5-6 weeks in a row and rents the same house. And hosts BBQ's every Sunday. Today, we had ribs and chicken. Cathy always brings an amazing salad. I always bring a dessert. I think those BBQ's are such a nice tradition. What better way to get people to talking if not around a delicious table? I just realized how much I miss cooking and hosting my gourmet dinners. Even browsed through the Food Netword website today to check what's new in the world of haute cuisine...

No comments:

Post a Comment