.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 4 - Frozen and eaten alive by mosquitos

I now believe that God used paradise as the prototype for our world. Something is always off even in paradise that I'm currently residing in. I cannot use AC because it's too loud and my ears are just way too sensitive for this nonsense, but I cannot open the balcony door either because then I'm eaten alive by this jungle's mosquitos. So I try to run AC as much as I can during the day to freeze the room sufficiently before I go to bed. It seems to work and I fall asleep crouched into a fetal position under the comforter so that I don't freeze to death. In the middle of the night, however, I wake up because it's suffocatingly hot. I know that I'm going to be eaten alive by mosquitos but in the haze of the sleep I make a horribly wrong choice - screw it, I just want to breathe... What a mistake - I should have just let myself suffocate or freeze to death! I'm all covered with mosquito bites today, I have literally no spot left on my body that a mosquito hasn't tried. Argh! Thus, my first day of diving was bittersweet: the gorgeous reef and life aquatica were competing for my attention with horrible itchiness from the bites, amplified by the salt water and wet suit. I have to admit - it was a solid tie...

3 comments:

  1. You need to invest in mosquito netting around your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And I thought I had it bad with the one morning that I had a couple of mosquitoes buzzing my ear.

    ReplyDelete