.post {text-decoration:italic;} -->

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 25 - Where time doesn't exist...

This morning, I discussed the convenience of online shopping with my Spanish teacher. I described the concept of FreshDirect to him and complained that I'm super annoyed with the time travel I seemed to have done by coming here. "I waste so much time just grocery shopping every week", I told him. To which he responded, "Here time doesn't exist, so you cannot really waste it."

I spent the rest of the day contemplating this observation. A pretty scary storm we were having all day was a perfect backdrop for my thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That really doesn't look like the calm Caribbean out in front of the Villa...

    You are going to be a pro on East side diving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, no. I never dive on the East side anymore, after one amazing dive I did with Aristeo. I was so freezing that couldn't make the second dive at all. I mean, I really tried going in the water, but couldn't physically do it. Unbelievably disappointing, but hey - know your limits, right...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right about limits.
    "SIGH!" on diving with Aristeo.
    Saw he was listed as 4th in the Pez Leon Torneo. Was that all of Aldora with the 23?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Aldora team was David, Aristeo, Nacho, and Aristeo's daughter (if I understood David correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured David would be there. I can't remember if Aristeo's daughter is Linda or Karen. I took the coolest picture of them when I got to do a staff hunting trip a couple of summers ago.

    I can never think of Nacho without giggling over the time I was on Falicity with him. Carlos is always so attentive and sweet. We were cutting up getting ready for the second dive. Nacho asked me if Carlos was my novio. Cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I know - Carlos is a super sweetie!

    ReplyDelete